Pizza Party Workshop Resources
Other Pizza Lessons!
- Pizza Competition Economics lesson
- Lesson for Little Nino’s Pizzeria
- Little Red Hen Makes a Pizza Whiteboard lesson (Smart)
- Did you know that Pizza Farms really exist? What do you think they look like?
- Pizza at Home: Students survey members of their family/community about pizza preferences and bring their materials to school to create graphs from the data.
- Favorite Pizza Toppings: Students survey their classmates to discover favorite pizza toppings. They make a pictograph.
- Pizza Topping Combinations: Using their data and graphs from the Favorite Pizza Toppings lesson, students consider the various combinations of toppings they could place on pizzas.
- Bedtime Math images and ideas
Promethean: Promethean Pizza Lessons:
- Pizza Fraction Party: A thorough presentation for grades K-5. Choose the charts you want to use for your lesson.
- Pizza Dough Pizzeria: Money lessons for k-2 and 3-5 that link to a pizzeria. For literacy, discuss the double word play on “dough.”
- Pizza Counting: A basic K-1 counting lesson.
- Primary Math Lesson Starter Video
- Our Favorite Pizza Toppings: Graph to use with Curious George and the Pizza Party
- The Case of the Pilfered Pizzas.
- This Scholastic lesson considers the basic concepts of fractions (cutting) and numbers (counting) that can be covered using colored paper representations of pizza.
- This Scholastic lesson includes a recipe for a pizza. Consider proportional reasoning by changing the amount of people you need to serve! This is a necessary skill for cooking, both at home and in a restaurant!
MEA (Model Eliciting Activities)
First, read or view a pizza party . . .
- K MEA: Adding new toppings to a restaurant menu
- MEA Elementary: Which pizza place should cater a birthday party?
- 2nd grade MEA: Making decisions about which pizza to buy
- K-2 MEA Pizza Party with Curious George
- 7th grade MEA about adding pizza to the menu
- 4th grade party MEA
- 5th grade party MEA
- “Hi, Pizza Man” by Virginia Walter
- Pete’s a Pizza by William Steig
- Pizza Party (Hello Reader! Series) by Grace Maccarone
- The Princess and the Pizza (2003).by
- The Pizza That We Made (2001) by
- The Little Red Hen Makes a Pizza by
- Pizza Counting Paperback, by
- Little Nino’s Pizzeria by
- Curious George and the Pizza Party
The History of Pizza!
The History Channel Hungry History: Pizza (includes recipes).
- Think? Why should you get the bigger pizza?
- Fifth Grade Common Core Task
- Problem Solvers for Mathaholics!
This video is from TedX Education: The math and physics of bending pizza. Check out this Wired article for more about the Fold Hold.